- Remove tax-free equity from your house with retirement interest only mortgages Nationwide
- You don’t need to be an existing Nationwide Building Society account holder
- No early repayment charges
- No arrangement fees
- Use the money to buy another property
- Still, have some mortgage outstanding? No problems
- Continue to live in your own home
- Just pay interest on the money you borrow
How much can I borrow in 2024?
You can get 65% of your home’s valuation. For example, if your home is valued at £280,000 you can release £182,000.
Reviews of Products with the best Rio mortgage rates
Mr Shaw from Bradford
I thought I was going to have to sell my home to pay back my mortgage as the bank wanted their money back. With the money left, I could only afford a flat and I would have been further away from my daughter and her children. Downsizing was a bad idea for me.
My lifetime mortgage was ideal for me as I had no monthly repayments and I paid off my old mortgage. I saved the cost of moving to a new flat where I would pay to move to a place I did not want.
The no negative equity guarantee and equity release council assurances were very important to me. I am better off each month and have some tax-free cash ready if repairs to the house are necessary.
Mr Haworth from Leeds
I am healthy and have a good income from my pensions for later life. I decided to release money from my unencumbered home with a retirement interest-only mortgage (RIO mortgage), so I could get a new kitchen and bathroom and give money to my children so they could move house and buy bigger homes.
I did not have any problems with a minimum or maximum age requirement or affordability. The interest rate was very low like a prime conventional mortgage from a bank or building society. The monthly payment was tiny compared with the rest of my outgoings.
The whole process was authorised and regulated by the finance conduct authority.
Mrs Heart from Aberdeen
I was struggling to pay my mortgage and had no money left at the end of the month for emergencies, let alone saving for a holiday. I had investigated home reversion plans, but they did not appear to be the right solution. Equity Release for older borrowers with no monthly repayments was exactly what I wanted, and the interest rate was very low.
I was able to pay off my mortgage. I live in an area where house prices are going up nicely so keeping 100% ownership of my own home is wise. I am confident that my house price appreciation will be much bigger than my roll-up interest.
Mrs Yardley from Sheffield
I had an old, tired car and a very unreliable central heating system. Repair bills continually mounted up meaning I had less money to spend on holidays and other nice things. A friend said I should consider equity release, but I was put off by the horror stories of the roll-up/compounded interest destroying people’s homes.
When I did my own homework, I found in 2024 equity release interest rates were very low and the negative press was around people who had been ripped off with high rates in the past. Even if my house price only went up a little the roll-up interest would be covered.
The equity release enabled me to get a nice 3-year-old car and a new boiler, so I was not wasting money all the time on repairs!
William from Birmingham
My son knew a guy who owned 6 pubs. Because of successive lockdowns due to covid 19 coronavirus, he had to do a quick sale on his holiday home in Cornwall.
My equity release money bought his flat at 35% under market value and not only does my family have the shared use of a holiday home, but the rental income is also much more than the interest on the equity release.
Rio Mortgages involve monthly payments and mortgage lenders will ask to prove you can afford the monthly payments.
It is common to discover individuals looking for lifetime mortgages with flexible drawdown cash release, interest-only lifetime mortgages or lump sum lifetime mortgages, however, Key Retirement like Royal London Equity Release is keen to see proof of your situation in the form of bank statements.
Equity Release LTV and retirement interest only mortgages nationwide
The more elderly you are and the sicker you are, the more money you can release
Equity Release UK Providers similar to a Nationwide retirement interest only mortgage
- Key Retirement
- Just Retirement
What percentage can be released?
- 50% monthly payment lifetime mortgage Zurich
- 35% loan to value lump sum lifetime mortgages – Saga
- 25% loan to value (LTV) lifetime mortgage with flexible drawdown cash release Masthaven
- 30% loan to value home reversion plans Lloyds Bank and Nationwide RIO mortgage
- 55% Nationwide retirement interest only mortgage
The lender will want to know if the property is a Freehold terraced house or a Leasehold house and if the occupier is an Assured shorthold tenancy tenant. You should make sure the repayments on your mortgage are kept up to date.
UK Equity Release Scheme Lenders and Retirement Capital & Interest
It is common to encounter individuals searching for lump sum lifetime mortgages, a monthly payment lifetime mortgage or home reversion schemes, however, Just Retirement like AIG Life is eager to see evidence of your circumstances in the form of pension statements.
- More to Life Capital Choice Plus Plan RIO with payments every month
- nationwide over 55 mortgage with 15 years loan term
- More to Life Flexi Choice Drawdown Lite Plan
- More to Life Capital Choice Plan interest only mortgages for pensioners
- Age Partnership Equity Release RIO – get a standard interest only mortgage
- Lifestyle Flexible Option pay interest each month or have a payment holiday
- Canada Life Equity Release Plans – repay the loan when you die or move into long term care
- More to Life Tailored Choice Plan – the mortgage could be at a rate under 3%
Retirement interest only mortgages Halifax
- More to Life Capital Choice Plus Plan pay the interest each month
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release is paid when you die or move into long term care
- nationwide interest only retirement mortgages – the property is sold when you die
- Royal Bank of Scotland Equity Release ideal for home improvements
- More to Life Flexi Choice Voluntary Payment Super Lite with monthly interest payments
- Bridgewater Lifetime Mortgage with flexible retirement age
- Pure Retirement Classic Drawdown Lite Plan for loved ones home purchase
- More to Life Tailored Choice Plan with no affordability checks
Retirement interest only mortgages calculator
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release with flexible pension income requirements
- NatWest Equity Release Plans with no early repayment charge
- Canada Life Second Home Voluntary Select Plan with no mortgage payments
- Hodge Lifetime Flexible Drawdown Plan interest only mortgages for pensioners
Nationwide rio mortgage offerings
- Stonehaven Interest Select Plan with interest roll up with flexible mortgage term
- HSBC Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- mortgages for pensioners nationwide similar to the family building society
Drawbacks of Equity Release Schemes and Retirement Interest Only Mortgages Nationwide
Lump-sum lifetime mortgages can reduce the value of your estate. Home reversion plans may impact the ability to claim benefits. You may need to pay a solicitor’s fee, and you could be exposed to changes in interest rates with some products.
Benefits of Home Reversion Schemes and comparison with Nationwide Rio mortgage
Could be used to help tax planning and interest rates on the money can be appealing. Help a member of your family buy their own home that they couldn’t afford otherwise or pay off your debts like loans and credit cards, so you have more monthly disposable income.
If you can afford a monthly payment a Nationwide Rio mortgage could be a much lower rate and lower overall cost.
Nationwide interest only lifetime mortgage and a Nationwide over 55 mortgage offer
This home could be ideal for a Nationwide retirement interest-only mortgage
Do Nationwide do Equity Release?
Yes, Nationwide Equity Release is 2.27% APRC.
Do Nationwide do Pensioner Mortgages?
Yes, Nationwide Pensioner Mortgages are 2.13% MER.
Does Nationwide offer Retirement Mortgages?
Yes, Nationwide Retirement Mortgages are 2.09% MER. A Nationwide retirement mortgage can represent a very low overall cost in 2024. Retirement mortgage interest rates from the NW Building Society are some of the lowest rates around.
Does Nationwide offer Equity Release Under 55?
Yes, Nationwide Equity Release Under 55 is 1.93% MER. RIO mortgage rates can be very affordable. Nationwide later life mortgages are part of a newer range of lower-cost products.
Nationwide interest only mortgages home examples
Property ideal for Nationwide interest only retirement mortgages
Nationwide retirement interest only mortgage related products
- Legal And General Equity Release Interest Rates
- Secured Loans Direct Lenders
- Prudential Lifetime Mortgage Buy To Let
- Sun life Equity Release Schemes – Updated For January 2024
- Nationwide Equity Release Drawdown
- Mortgages For Over 60 UK 2024 – Updated For January 2024
- Age UK Equity Release
- Remortgage With Bad Credit Rating
- Secured Loan Direct Lender
- Key Retirement Solutions Equity Release From House – Updated For January 2024
- Lv Equity Release Mortgage
- What Is A Direct Lender Mortgage
- Prudential Equity Release Plans
- Just Retirement Equity Release Best Deals – Updated For January 2024
- Liverpool Victoria Lv= Lv Lifetime Mortgage Maximum Ltv
Does Nationwide offer Lifetime Mortgages?
Yes, Nationwide do lifetime mortgages at 2.06% APRC. Nationwide Lifetime Mortgages can have a loan to value (ltv) of 55%. A Nationwide interest only lifetime mortgage can have a very low overall cost in 2024. The rio mortgage rates can be very affordable. The NW building society is one of the very low-cost Rio mortgage providers for UK pensioners with good incomes. It’s ideal for retirement property typical later life lending.
All mortgage borrowers are subject to retirement income affordability assessment using your state pension statement, annuity statement or company pension forecast.
How does a Rio mortgage work?
With a nationwide rio mortgage, it is very similar to an interest only mortgage you may have had in the past.
What is the difference between Rio and a lifetime mortgage?
A lifetime mortgage has roll up interest and no monthly repayments, and a Nationwide rio mortgage has a monthly interest payment so the interest does not add up over time.
Is a Rio a lifetime mortgage?
No, they are completely different products where one has monthly payments and one does not. A RIO product you have to prove you can afford the monthly payments.
What does Rio mortgage stand for?
Retirement Interest Only Mortgage.
How do RIO mortgages work?
You have your home valued, you collect your papers to show your income, you make an application and then the funds are released to you.
How much can I borrow in 2024?3? with a RIO mortgage?
You can borrow up to 70% of the open market value of your home, subject to valuation.
Does Nationwide do a retirement remortgage for people over 70?
Yes, Nationwide retirement remortgages for over 70s are 3.73% APRC variable.
Does Nationwide offer pensioner remortgages for the over 70s?
Yes, a Nationwide pensioner remortgage for pensioners over 70 is 3.56% MER variable.
Does Nationwide do a later life remortgage for people over 70?
Yes, Nationwide later life remortgages for over 70s are 3.66% AER variable.
Does Nationwide do the best remortgages for the over 70s?
Yes, the Nationwide Building Society have the best remortgage for retired people over 70 and the rate is 3.73% APR variable.
Does Nationwide offer a remortgaging option for retired homeowners over 70?
Yes, Nationwide remortgaging options for over 70s are 3.09% MER fixed.
Does Nationwide offer a mortgage calculator for pensioners over 70?
Yes, Nationwide mortgage calculators for over 70s shows 3.84% AER fixed for life.
Does Nationwide offer RIO mortgages for the over 70s?
Yes, a Nationwide RIO mortgage for pensioners over 70 is 3.65% MER fixed for life.
Does Nationwide do retirement interest only mortgages for retired homeowners over 70?
Yes, a Nationwide retirement interest only mortgage for over 70s is 3.93% AER variable.